Friday, May 4, 2007

Super-size me!




Isn't he cute!

It's noticable how much bigger things are over here - the cars, the servings, even the seagulls! I saw a stretch Hummer today - crazy! I wanted to take a photo but the lights changed and it took off.

The weather has been cool - around 12C - but people seem to think its summer already! They're eating at sidewalk cafes, sunbathing, and some are even wearing shorts and t-shirts. 12C here is much nicer than 12C in Wellington because there's hardly any wind. It does rain a lot here though, apparently almost non-stop for the last 3 months! This week it has rained every morning and then cleared in the afternoon, apart from today which has been lovely and sunny all day. I think I'm going to have to invest in my first ever umbrella - I never bothered back home because they always get blown inside-out and wrecked!

I've just come back from a big walk down to Stanley Park and back. Wow. This really is a beautiful city! I have some great photos but as I'm not using my computer (I'm using a communal one in the apartment), I won't be able to share them just yet. The highlight of my day was a close encounter with a squirrel in the Park. It hopped right up to me! It was so cute! I know that any Canadians reading this will be like, 'A squirrel? So what?', but they're a novelty for Kiwis. Stanley Park was devastated by a windstorm recently which took out a lot of trees, and the whole park was closed for a time. But it was open today and the damage wasn't too obvious.

It's turned into a lovely sunny day so I better get outside and enjoy it!

See ya :-)

1 comment:

O'Boil said...

Hi Jen

I'm enjoying yr accounts - pleased to see you finally made it! All the best for the job hunting...

Cheers

BillyO