Waterfront buildings.
Coal Harbour Seawalk.
Stanley Park seawall, heading towards English Bay beach.
An example of the tree-lined sidewalks (not footpaths!) in my new neighbourhood.
I think I'm over bagels with cream cheese already! I had too many.
So I decided to take the apartment that I really liked and I move in June 1st. Its in the West End which is a really pretty part of the city, just west of downtown and handy to Stanley Park, English Bay Beach, Davie St shops etc. I will take some more photos soon to show the picturesque tree-lined streets and old houses. I'm excited to be moving there, only now I have to find work so I can afford it!
Today and yesterday have been a bit cool, but otherwise we've been having lots of lovely sunny weather, definitely getting into shorts, t-shirt and jandals weather! (I'll have to find out what 'jandals' are called here!). I've been enjoying the summer fruit such as strawberries and pineapple. The sun is up well before 6am and it doesn't get dark till around 9:30pm.
Tonight I'm going to dinner with the daughter of the retired surgeon I met on the flight from LA to Vancouver. He and his daughter cycled through NZ last year so they are happy to help out a Kiwi and return some of the hospitality that was extended to them while in NZ. He is back home in LA now but because I didn't know anyone here, he gave me his daughter's number so I could make contact. So tonight I'm going to meet the daughter, her husband and some friends of theirs. I tried to find some NZ wine to take with me but it was all a bit pricey so I had to make do with some Aussie stuff!!
I'm liking the 1.5L bottles of cheap red wine by the way, you can't get them that big at home! Just while I'm on a tight budget of course, then I can get back to searching out the 'fine wine' ;-)
I still haven't seen much of the wider area - just concentrating on the job hunt at the moment, but I'm looking forward to exploring further once I've got some money coming in. Can't wait to buy a mountain bike too.
Current score:
Job applications sent: 8. Interviews: 0. Job offers: 0.
No comments:
Post a Comment