Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pics from Mini-Reunion in Seattle, 1-3 September

(Alternative Title: Seattle Food Tour!)

These pics are from a month ago, when I caught a bus to Seattle to meet up with some friends I met when we were all living in Wellington. Jenny's Scottish and living with her Aussie boyfriend in Seattle at the moment, and Americans Lindsay and Katrina flew in for the weekend from Los Angeles and San Diego, respectively. It was so good to catch up with the girls and play tourist in Seattle! They made a bit of a fuss of me for my birthday which was lovely! :-)


At the border crossing.


Kiran, Lindsay, Jenny and Katrina.


Katrina and the Space Needle!


At the top of the Space Needle.


View from the top. We were lucky to have some really nice weather!



Surprise birthday cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory! And it was accompanied by waiters singing Happy Birthday!


Look at all those cheesecakes!!!!! Mmmmm-mmmm! (If you click on the picture to get the full-size image, you can just read the labels... such as Chocolate Oreo Mudslide Cheesecake!)


The famous Pike Place markets.




And the famous fish-throwing place inside the markets! It's hard to tell but there is a flying fish in this photo, just above the head of the guy with the blue backpack. It was difficult to time the photo!




What a fantastic idea - Latte Happy Hour!


A colourful chili-bouquet!




Cheesecake truffles! Did I mention I like cheesecake?? These were delicious! I got one free just for being a Kiwi :-D

Time for a caffeine break.


A kilt shop and Lindsay attempting to answer the age-old question....



This is from the underground tour, which I really enjoyed. This is looking up at the sidewalk above, and the glass panels designed to let light through. It was really interesting hearing how the city was built, destroyed by fire, then rebuilt and raised up.

Time to trade books, catch up on the gossip mags, and enjoy cocktails courtesy of Kiran!


A nice hearty breakfast to start the day!


I liked this :-)

I really enjoyed Seattle and wished I could have spent more time there. I'm looking forward to going back for a weekend with friends next month!

1 comment:

Mary said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! yay for free truffles and flying fish! Love, Mary