Monday, July 9, 2007

A Second Job?

Okay, time to make this "blogthing" (as Mum calls it) more interactive! I can never tell who is reading my posts, or how many people have visited. Is there anyone out there?? So I thought it might be fun to see who can guess what the job was that I interviewed for today. I'll give you a few clues, and you can email me your guesses. You can guess as many times as you like, and there'll be prizes for the most unlikely guesses as well as anyone who correctly guesses! I'll post the guesses on here in a few days' time.

So, this job is part-time, to earn a bit of extra cash. It's outdoors, but it's not just a summer job. It's legal! It's something I have never done before, and wouldn't have thought of doing, had I not stumbled across the advertisement online. Today in the interview, when The Visa Question came up and I was asked how long my visa was for, I answered honestly, and the two interviewers looked at each other and said, "Oh, that's great!", which was a refreshing turn up for the books!

They haven't officially offered me the job, but as long as my driver's licence is valid here (which I found out tonight it is), then they said they were keen to start training me.

Any guesses? Need more clues?

In other news, I'm feeling much better about staying here and won't be hurrying home early. I've passed the 2-month mark and I think the combination of making some new friends here, enjoying some sunshine (at last!), and seeing some more of the cool things Vancouver has to offer (while showing Katrina around), has all helped change my outlook for the better.

I'm still in the same temp job and they haven't said anything about a finish date yet. They've been keeping me busy with lots of fairly mundane tasks, but ones that require a certain level of alertness at least! They're a publicly listed company and many of their "warrant holders" are "exercising their warrants" (these were all new terms to me) because their share price is rather good right now, and people in the office are pretty happy with this! I just get to handle all the boring, but important, paperwork that goes with it...

No comments: