Thursday, April 26, 2007

3 sleeps till Canada!


Out with the girls for dinner last night.

Only 3 days to go! This has been a busy week of catching up with friends and family. Had a lovely dinner out last night and it was great to see Rindy, visiting from Auckland. I'm gonna miss you guys!!! But I hope to get lots of emails and text messages and maybe even some snail mail (hint, hint!) to keep me in touch with news at home. Today is my last day at work (still finishing up a few things!) and then I'm out for farewell drinks tonight. Haven't started packing yet!!

I still don't think the reality of relocating to the other side of the world has sunk in - but little things like my diminishing bunch of keys is starting to make it real. At the beginning of the week I had a big bunch of keys but gradually I'm giving them away or giving them back... sold my car and handed over those keys, closed my post box, will hand over the office keys today, and that just leaves house keys! Ah well, I guess I'll have some new ones soon enough...

My aunty put me in touch with some relatives of hers in Vancouver who have kindly offered a place to stay for a few days, and they're even picking me up from the airport which is fantastic! It will be great to stay with some locals for a few days while I get myself sorted. Then it'll be busy times with looking for a place to live and job-hunting!

Next time I post here will be from Canada!! Watch this space...

No comments: